5:30 – 6:00 p.m.
6:00 – 6:15 p.m.
Claudia L. Martinez, Executive Director, California Subject Matter Project (CSMP)
Senator Bill Dodd, California Senate District 3
Recognition of Gary K. Hart, Former State Senator and Secretary of Education, State of California
6:15 – 7:30 p.m.
Panel Discussion: Equity and Excellence in the Age of ESSA: School Improvement as a Civic Responsibility
Moderator: Tom Adams, Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction, California Department of Education and Concurrence Committee Member, CSMP
- Jorge A. Aguilar, Superintendent, Sacramento City Unified School District
- David W. Gordon, Superintendent, Sacramento County Office of Education
- Emma Hipolito, Director, Teacher Education Program, Center X, UCLA
- Gayle E. Hutchinson, President, California State University, Chico
- Patricia Rucker, Legislative Advocate, California Teachers Association and Member, State Board of Education
- Ryan J. Smith, Executive Director, The Education Trust–West
7:30 – 7:45 p.m.